<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Saturday, September 06, 2003

19:34
My Saturday job 

We had an orientation meeting today for my Saturday teaching job. It looks like things will be more organized this year than last, which is good, and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming year. I'll be teaching trigonometry and calculus to my students, most of whom will not be taking either subject Monday through Friday. I need to dig through my books here to see what I've got in terms of Calc and Trig texts.

One of my goals will be to make sure that they're learning an adequate amount of information to be able to handle the university's flawed math placement test.

Speaking of which, it looks like many of my algebra II students are trying to get placed into more advanced math classes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise