<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, September 22, 2003

15:01
Observation begins 

I began my final set of observations before student teaching in the spring today. My plan for this week is to observe a different teacher each day for at least 3 classes. Today's teacher was Mr K who taught 2 sections of remedial algebra and 2 sections of advanced algebra.

Having been reading and talking about observations, I was looking at the classroom with fresh eyes, paying close attention to how the teacher approached the class. I think viewing a class as "a class from hell" altered how the teacher dealt with one of the remedial classes. I was also struck by how lecture-driven his class was. My style is much more of a questioning style. Or at least I hope it is. My plan is to videotape as much of my teaching as possible so I can reflect on what I do (and if I've got some good lessons, I can include copies of the tape with my portfolio).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise