<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

21:08
The First Five Minutes 

That's the title of today's exercise in my Ed class. We were to do a presentation of our first five minutes in front of the class. The content of my presentation doesn't seem so noteworthy in the summation: I have two class rules:
  1. Respect
  2. Responsibility
and I ask students to help me understand what these demand of them and of me.

But I was on tonight. It was like I was channeling Edward James Olmos or something. I had great classroom presence. I hope I can do it again on Saturday morning when the room will be filled with high school students.

There were some good uses of powerpoint (for the introduction of a foreign language class), and some ultimately empty (for a geometry class). My favorite intro had the (freshman English) teacher confessing to a reading addiction and playing the Moxy Fruvous song, "My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise