<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

09:33
Tuesday teaching thoughts 

So, I would say that today's teaching with the notecards and round-robin questioning worked well, although I need to work on refining it a bit: I don't really want to take volunteered answers, but in doing that, I may miss out on additional questions that come up. I have one student who I can't seem to reach. She shows up every class (or mostly), but she consistently scores around 50% on quizzes and homework and her attitude in class today seemed to be as if it was my problem that she wasn't able to answer even the simplified questions that I asked. I'll continue the practice on Thursday and see how it goes, but I think that it shows good promise.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise