<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Sunday, October 26, 2003

04:23
Yesterday's teaching 

I think that between students beginning to "get" the material that we're going over and a realization that complaining about the workload doesn't change things has resulted in us spending more time learning and less time complaining. Third period was a lot better behaved, I think partly because of the above and partly because of being scolded earlier in the day by one of the administrators.

Next week is a shortened day which I hadn't been really given sufficient advance warning of. Now I have to decide how much of the class we'll be able to do. The geometry kids I had told that my plan was to not lecture on the material at all, but rather to give them a reading assignment and homework based on that. I also have parent conferences next week so I'll want to get grade reports for all students assembled so that they can see how their students are doing and in what areas they're falling behind.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise