<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

19:34
Another day of observations 

Nothing particularly dramatic. I got copies of the seating chart which I used to create index cards with the students' names and seating location on them. This way, I can call on someone and look in the correct direction when I do it. The cards work really nicely with assigned seating because it makes it easier to do attendence as well.

It was kind of gratifying to see that the students that I helped yesterday during seatwork time managed to retain the help long enough to correctly complete their homework.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about student work product since my mentor teacher's normal protocol is to not collect homework. Fortunately there's a scanner in the room, so I may just scan a few homework assignments while the students are in the room. I would prefer scanned assignments since those can be more easily duplicated. I would like to be able to leave copies of my portfolio with principals at schools where I'm interviewing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise