<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

13:16
At last some real teaching 

Today was my first day of teaching a regular high school class (two actually). Having just read the Jones chapter of Classroom Management, I've got "Say See Do" on the brain and I implemented it in class. It wasn't 100% effective in keeping students on track, but it helped (and a bit of being conscious of what was happening and checking in with the students helped). The Algebra kids, I think, did very well on getting the new material, but some of the Geometry kids are still struggling. Using pre-made transparencies helped quite a bit because it allowed me to move around the classroom as I talked about what we were doing, but I need to break down the activity time into smaller pieces so that we can avoid having long stretches where the kids aren't doing anything while waiting for their peers to finish. I'm way behind on planning though. I had hoped to have all of this week's and next week's lesson plans written over the weekend.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise