<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, November 24, 2003

14:43
Done with supervised teaching 

Yay, it's finally over. It's not that I didn't enjoy it (if it were, I should reconsider my career path), but it's just a bit exhausting to do two preps daily and deal with the work for 17 hours of classes, two TA sections and my Saturday teaching job.

I spent some time after school offering additional assistance to one of my students. I think that his biggest problem is language, he doesn't seem comfortable with English, but talking with him and watching him work through problems, he's really amazingly smart. This is a kid who should definitely be going to college, but I'm afraid that it won't happen. Linguistic issues and tracking have him well off the college prep curriculum, I fear.

After school another student amused himself by repeatedly saying, "Mr Prosciutto! Do we have homework?" to which I always responded, "There's always homework!" It amused him to no end.

My gym class is officially over as of today. I've got my 98 points so the class is passed. The only real difference in my life is that the one class of the three remaining for the semester that I wasn't planning on skipping, I can now skip.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise