<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, November 14, 2003

15:22
Friday's teaching experience 

Well, after yesterday, it had to go downhill a bit, and it did. The algebra kids were really unruly today. I think it was the whole Friday thing perhaps.

The teaching itself went reasonably well. The one problem that I did run into was when I realized I'd forgotten to print the geometry worksheets at the university this morning. No problem, I figured. I'll just burn a CD and print them off on the classroom computer.

Oops: The classroom computer doesn't have adobe acrobat. No problem, I'll download and install it.

Oops: Windows 2000 won't let me do that because I'm not the administrator.

So then it was run down and find the technology people and have them take me to a computer with Acrobat installed on it. Fortunately, I was able to do that and get it copied in the 25 minute lunch period I had available to do the copying.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise