<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

20:04
Today seems to be behavior management day 

The discussion at lunch was largely around student behavior and performance. Many of the teachers seemed to be a bit depressed about this today. During the break in the middle of Algebra, my mentor teacher offered me some advice on dealing with the discipline level with that class. It's a little harder each day with them it seems. I have a much easier time with the older geometry kids.

It does relieve me to think that this teaching assignment is almost at an end. With Geometry, I'm giving them a test tomorrow and that'll be it for me. Algebra I'm teaching tomorrow and Monday, then handing them back to the teacher for review on Tuesday and a test on Wednesday (I'll be out of town early for Thanksgiving and to help my fiancée move to our new apartment).

I decided today that when I start teaching next year, I'm not going to do anything else for the first semester at least. No music ministry, no night classes, no band, nothing that obligates me to commit any time. It'll be rough enough doing all the teaching stuff that will be necessary. I want to have some time to spend with my wife too.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise