<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, December 05, 2003

10:03
Do I expect too much? 

One of the things that I find in talking with my fellow teacher candidates is a lack of genuine curiosity and enjoyment of their subject matter. Not universally, but wide enough that it disturbs me. I really think that if you're going to teach, you really need to enjoy the subject area that you teach. You should be about learning about your subject area for the shear joy of learning about it. In short (apologies in advance for being a bit vague on some areas where my own experiences are limited): Sure you can be an adequate teacher without doing this, but why settle for adequate?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise