<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

20:13
Wow, classes are almost over for the semester... 

Tonight was the last meeting for my Education class. The instructor invited a few former students back to talk briefly about their experiences. There were a couple people who are in their student teaching semester and some who are in their teaching careers. The tales of job hunting were a bit scary as some of the teachers talked about the timing of when hiring decisions tend to be made. I'm glad that I'm math and not English or history, although apparently the flood of alternative certification programs have resulted in the job market for math teachers being a bit tighter. I do still remember the comments from the AP when I first went to the high school for my observations. The English and history people were greeted with suggestions to get other endorsements. I, as the lone math person, was simply told, "bless you."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise