<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, January 30, 2004

16:57
Algebra 

So I officially start Algebra next week. My plan had been that I was going to, as an act of humility, follow the publisher's materials as closely as possible instead of reinventing the wheel as I am too often wont to do: I very frequently will needlessly create my own quizzes, tests, worksheets, etc.

So after school, my Algebra mentor came by to talk with me and her opinion was that the remainder of the chapter that I will be teaching is poorly organized and that I should do this material completely differently. So much for the week's worth of lessons I had planned based on the book. I do see her point, though, and the book that we're using, McDougal Littell Algebra is one that I've complained about before. I do, however like, the supplementary materials.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise