<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

18:55
He doesn't explain very well 

I graded today's homework quiz and was surprised to see that Juan, the kid who always had his hand up yesterday and always had the answer scored a 0. On his quiz, he wrote, "I don't understand this, he doesn't explain very well." I did, however, feel pretty good about how I taught the rest of my class and it was worth noting that most of the class did pretty well on this short quiz with the median score at 75% compared to 50% on the previous homework quiz. Surprisingly, the problem which was biggest for the students was a simple distributive law problem along the lines of 3x(x2-3x+6) where too many students tried to split up the 3x like they would 3+x.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise