<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Saturday, January 17, 2004

17:25
I like seniors 

So I had my first "real" class with the seniors today, although it was mostly taken up with a pre-test. I gave them the sample test for the university's math placement exam so they can get a sense of what the test is like. It'll be interesting to look at the results and see how to plan the semester based on that.

I also get to do a vocabulary lesson with the kids. I'm given a short passage with a few words highlighted which are the words to be learned. I'm not too crazy about the tracking groups because I think that the students in this case would benefit from a more mixed ability group, especially with the smaller class size. I'm thinking that there's a different between tracking and placement that tends to get lost in the discussion about tracking.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise