<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

20:30
An interesting grading exercise 

The algebra class had a short "homework" quiz. Three questions from the book while homework was checked in. I offered to grade these so I'd have some exposure to their abilities (as well as having a chance to develop my knowledge of the students' names).

So I decided when grading the quizzes to go one beyond my usual question-by-question tally of points (which is useful in itself) and I kept a tally of why students lost points.

The tallies themselves weren't terribly interesting, but the experience was very helpful as it made me think a bit more about what was going wrong and what to do about it. What I found as significant problems:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise