<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

16:27
Not always perfect 

Today's teaching was a bit rocky. In the first geometry class I forgot to go over the homework problems so we did just part of the homework before the class period was over. What's worse, when I did one of the problems at home on my own, I accidentally did the problem incorrectly, and noticing that while at the front of the class, I became uncharacteristically rattled and had a hard time working out the necessary steps for the proof. I managed to fix those problems in the second geometry class, but I wasn't able to finish all the new material before the period was over.

I did get tomorrow's quiz written, typed and copied. I had planned on giving the kids an excerpt from The Art of the Infinite on proof by induction, but reading over it last night, I realized that it didn't stand on its own very well, so I retyped it, adding some introductory material from earlier in the book and some marginal comments to help expand on some of the points covered.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise