<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, February 06, 2004

18:09
Advanced Algebra 

Watching the Advanced Algebra class today I was working on being very conscious of the flow of time. My mentor spent 10 minutes on the homework check-in at the beginning of class, then answering questions about the problems took another 10 minutes or so (while I was working on it, I wasn't necessarily succeeding at the work!), followed by a homework quiz on the material and then finally she got to the new material, with just 15 minutes of class time remaining. This was clearly less time than she had planned. I have my schedule for the Advanced Algebra, so that helps a bit. I'm going to try to get the first week of that class planned over the weekend. I'd like to have at least one class that I can look back at and say, I did very well with that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise