<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, February 05, 2004

17:00
Advanced Algebra 

Today was largely a review. One thing that I noticed was the amount of time that was spent reviewing the homework. I'm not sure how typical that is, but I tend not to spend a lot of time on this, and perhaps I should work on evening out the balance. It's difficult for me to see how to balance the homework review with the new material. With the algebra class which I'm teaching, we spend two days on each lesson (the course stretches algebra I into a two year sequence), so perhaps I can try covering everything in the first lesson, and I can spend most or all of the second day reviewing the homework and preparing them for a second set of homework.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise