<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

19:00
Algebra with Pizzazz 

Algebra with Pizzazz is a big binder of worksheets for classroom use. I've used a few of them. I'm not all that crazy about them because they use variations of mutliple choice and matching as the sole way of checking answers, and each worksheet is based around some awfully corny joke ("Where did the Tadpoles in the pawnshop come from? A Frog Pawned.") But I did notice that the order of the factoring worksheets follows exactly how I'm covering the material! It's nice that haven been driven from the book's curriculum, I picked an order that matches someone else's (although I think that this is probably based on vague memories of one or the other of the textbooks that we use for the remedial algebra classes at the university).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise