<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

14:11
Algebra  

I'm feeling reasonably comfortable with the teaching in Algebra, but I'm also getting hit with a lot of the administrative aspects of teaching at the same time. It's a bit hard to keep up with all of this. Attendence, tardy slips, referrals, this all takes a lot of time away from my teaching. Time, ok, but attention, there's a problem. I've not been keeping up with students who are missing homework assignments, so I'm going to make up some slips tonight or tomorrow to give to students missing homework. The grade distribution is still pretty good, and it appears that students are learning.

I've done a decent job of implementing my question goals in Algebra, although there's still a lot to be done. Some of it is a matter of getting the kids to adjust to a new way of providing answers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise