<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

20:09
Geometry - working on getting better 

Today, we had my mentor teach the first section of geometry, and I taught the second. I picked up a few good ideas in teaching the material (like pointing out that a theorem with a name is probably important).

After class, we sat down and talked a bit about what was happening and one of her comments was pretty much right on the money: My relationship with the students is tense. I'm not sure how to remedy this, but I can see that this is a big difference between my successful and unsuccessful classes.

One interesting thing was that for whatever reason, working from the same lesson plan, I was more rushed and covered less material in the same time as my mentor. Neither she nor I were able to explain what had happened here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise