<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

20:26
Geometry 

Geometry went much better today (the benefits of planning). I did underplan one theorem, however, and that came back to bite me during a period when I had one of the student teaching supervisors watching my class. One thing that I felt went very well was the demonstration that I used to similarity. I drew a polygon on an overhead transparency, then used the classroom similarity generator (aka overhead projector) to project the polygon onto the board. I carefully traced the projected image and then was able to demonstrate that I could take the transparency up to the board and show that corresponding angles are congruent by overlaying the angles on the transparency on the blackboard.

Critiques of my teaching from the supervisor focused on my boardwork. Again, one of my key issues is to get more written on the board and improve the organization of what I write.

There was one odd moment near the beginning of the last period class where I had a widespread bout of coughing among the students. They claimed it was some bad odor, but I smelled nothing and suspected it was just typical student misbehavior. Certainly this was the sort of thing that I and my classmates would have done at that age.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise