<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

19:40
The Lizzie method redux 

I ended up teaching the Lizzie method two more times today. The first was at the school's math department meeting. The second was for my student teaching seminar. The math teachers were more receptive of the Lizzie method than were the student teachers. I guess the long experience of how hard teaching this sort of factoring by traditional methods leaves them more open to a better way. The student teaching seminar presentation ended up being a lot of a focus on how to teach factoring. An afterthought question that I added on to the original presentation ended up being a bit of a distraction (I had posited the question, "what do students need to know before we teach this factoring?").

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise