<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, February 27, 2004

14:19
Random play 

From Frog Blog via What in Tarnation, this challenge:
Step 1: Open your mp3 player.
Step 2: Put all of your music on random.
Step 3: List the first ten songs it plays, no matter how embarrassing.

My results (courtesy of iTunes)

  1. Kinski (Black Tape for a Blue Girl, The Scavenger Bride)
  2. A Dear John and Marsha Letter (Stan Freberg, The Very Best of Stan Freberg)
  3. In Your Eyes (Jeffery Gaines, internet download)
  4. I'll Never Fall in Love (Burt Bacharach and Elvis Costello, Austin Powers 2 Soundtrack
  5. Quand Tu Danses (Jean-Jacques Goldman, En Passant
  6. The City of the Sun (NDV, internet download)
  7. Pie Jesu (St John's College Choir Cambridge, Maurice Durufle, Requiem)
  8. Biko - Radio Edit (Peter Gabriel and Sinead O'Connor, internet download)
  9. I'm in Love with a Wonderful Guy (Monica Lewis, My Favorite Things)
  10. Algo Termina Mal (Enanitos Verdes, Solo Exitos Con Los Enanitos Verdes)

That was interesting. My iTunes collection is a bit more eclectic than my CD collection (which is pretty eclectic already), largely because it consists mostly of

I was somewhat surprised that even though they comprise a significant portion of my iTunes, no songs recorded by my band or the choir that I sing in made this sample. Although one cover my band recorded ("Step Right Up") just popped up at #11.

Speaking of music, I'm now back to listening to my newest CD, the quite delicious Oscar Levant plays Gershwin which is a great performance of all the "serious" Gershwin works (Rhapsody in Blue, An American in Paris, etc.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise