<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

17:26
Advanced Algebra - graphing calculators 

At 7.45, I had a suggestion from my mentor to use graphing calculators in my lesson in the advanced algebra class. It was pretty easy to modify my lesson plan for this and while she briefly took over my class towards the end, I liked the result. We were able to discover the result of changing the variables a h and k in the equation

y=a(x-h)+k

This put them in a position where at the end of the class they could sketch the graphs pretty quickly without using their calculators.

I probably could have cut slightly the number of graphs that they did on the calculators so that we would have had a little more time for the whole class, but in all it was a good lesson.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise