<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, March 19, 2004

21:42
Friday Five 

If you...
  1. ... owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve? I think I might rip off the Southern California Souplantation chain and have a big giant salad bar and lots of healthy other stuff.
  2. ...owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell? I've always wanted to have a bookstore/literacy center. I found a place like this in New Orleans back in '91 and fell in love with the idea. It's my plan for retirement.
  3. ...wrote a book, what genre would it be? Well, I actually wrote on once. It was a novella in diary form which I suppose would be in the literary fiction genre. It was pretty awful, so no, you can't read it. I guess it's my English BA at fault, but I keep trying to right litfic. I've started a little bit on a semi-autobiographical novel about friendship, betrayal and international espionage.
  4. ...ran a school, what would you teach? A bit of everything. After all, I am going to be certified to teach English, Math and Psychology come May. I wouldn't mind adding History, Government and Music into the mix.
  5. ...recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it? I've actually played on two albums (one of which you could even buy at a decently stocked record store). One was eclectic rock, the other vocal pop. I've been writing material for a couple albums based around my singing (oh dear), one being a progressive rock album (mix King Crimson, Jethro Tull and Genesis together, see what comes out the other end), the other horn-driven rock (in the vein of Randy Newman fronting Blood, Sweat and Tears).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise