<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

21:00
Geometry 

My official time in front of the classroom is over, so now things end up a bit random. My first day back from the interview trip, my mentor was out so I was back in front of the classroom. There will probably be at least one more day like that before me.

Then yesterday was a college fair during the first geometry class and I met with my other mentor during the second geometry class since we hadn't had a chance to have any extended meeting time before that.

Today was observation, and there were a few things that I spotted that I need to be better about doing myself: One was rather than reading out answers, having students provide them. I did that once or twice before, but with the geometry, my big weakness is that I tend to forget to give them at all. In the algebra classes this isn't an issue since I make a point of only assigning problems with answers in the back of the book.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise