<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, April 15, 2004

09:21
The latest interview 

After waiting about half an hour in the waiting area, I was finally brough back to the interviewer's desk. The usual sorts of questions: "What's your discipline plan?" "How will you deal with English Language Learners/Special Ed students?" "How do you use standards in your teaching?" No real opportunity for me to ask questions at all. It seems that with this large metropolitan district the final decisions are made by the principals, so at this point I've mostly made it to the qualification stage to be looked at by principals. I was told that if I were open to teaching junior high I could get a guaranteed offer of employment now, but based on my previous experiences with teaching that age group, I don't think that it would be a very good fit. I did discover that the district is divided into sub-districts which makes evaluating schools a bit easier now that I understand how that part of the system works.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise