<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, April 19, 2004

19:25
Math outside the classroom 

A couple outside school math encounters. First was while stopping at the photographer to make some final arrangements for my upcoming wedding... when the woman at the office learned that I was a math teacher, she proceeded to proudly proclaim her ignorance of math. I would hope that English teachers don't have people proudly proclaiming their illiteracy.

The other was talking to an old friend and discovering that he was using some of the resources on my non-anonymous website to teach his daughter who's currently in pre-algebra how to factor quadratics. She enjoyed it enough that she factored a couple hundred polynomials in an afternoon! I think that I may give that worksheet to my own students next year as an extra credit assignment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise