<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, April 05, 2004

13:56
Surprise surprise 

So last Friday I get up to the geometry classroom and one of the students is standing at the door with a goofy smile when I get to the room. "Howya doin' Mr Prosciutto" she says and playfully punches me in the arm. "Fine," I say, "what's with the goofy smile?" "What goofy smile? This is just how I look?" "OK," I reply, "but it's still goofy."

Then I get in the room and notice that my mentor's desk has been cleared off and there's a few bottles of soda and a big cake on the desk. Whoa, it's a surprise party. A little early, perhaps, since I'll still be around until the end of April, but it's still pretty cool. I got cards from both geometry classes and got to spend a bit of time just chatting with the students while they did some group work and ate cake and drank soda. I didn't get to spend as much time with the last period geometry class though because I was meeting with my algebra mentor for that time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise