<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

14:50
To do list 

Well, school is officially over for me. What's left:
  1. Get all of my stuff packed up for a cross-country move.
  2. Finish up wedding preparations.
  3. Find a job.
All in a one-month period (actually closer to three weeks).

The job search managed to launch into high gear just as school was wrapping up. I got a call yesterday from yet another school district (let's call it District H) interested in hiring me. I'm supposed to get an e-mail at any moment from them with more application information. The district looks good but is at the edge of my willingness to drive range.

Also in today's e-mail was a contact from district A who I had given an application to back in March. The assistant principal that I had spoken to at that time had asked me to send him an e-mail with my availability for interviews, which I did immediately, then I never heard another word. I figured perhaps that they had filled the position, but apparently not. So I will be making a trip out for an interview (or hopefully interviews) before the wedding.

I have two interviews scheduled with district L after the wedding and I'll try to get a third interview during my trip.

I started an application with district N as well, and need to get transcripts and recommendations to them.

I need to get my applications finished with districts W, G, O, B and R (I think that all they need is my letters of recommendation, but I need to double check against my checklists).

I don't think that I really want to expand my pool beyond this. In fact, I think that it may already be too much.

I think that my preference list right now would probably be G, A, N, O, W, H, R, L, B. Hmm, perhaps I'll pull my application to B.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise