<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, August 16, 2004

22:09
Job found 

After some negotiations between the AP and the deputy superintendent, funding was found to make the job at district R full-time. So I'll be teaching 4 math (which 4 to be determined) plus journalism. The long hard road is over.

Meanwhile today was another full day. I interviewed at district S after some early morning NPR volunteering. The position would have been all 9th grade algebra in a 65% white UMC district. I walked out thinking that this probably wasn't the job for me.

During the interview I got a call from a principal in district D and ended up making a detour to have an impromptu interview with him. It went well, and I really liked the strong offer of support that I got from him, and had district R not managed to make a feasible offer, I would have been happy teaching at his school. Very happy. But I guess it was not to be. There was another call from a different district D principal who wanted to know if I'd teach middle school, but I declined.

But hey, I'VE GOT A JOB!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise