<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

17:40
How'd the teaching go today? 

Pretty good. I'm working on trying to make sure that what I write on the board is a bit better organized. However, we had a very tight schedule, so it was a bit more of a lecture than I really wanted to do: I had 10 minutes at the beginning of class that I'd promised the kids to finish the group quiz (not that it necessarily helped some of them), and I also had to return the last quiz, distribute the notebook grading rubrics (so that they know how I'm going to grade the notebooks) and get the actual lesson in. I had more planned than would fit, but the morning kids seemed to lap it up. Fifth hour was a bit more chaotic, and I'm thinking that what I might need to do is start reorganizing my lessons to fit in with the strengths of the fifth and sixth hour classes. It'll be a bit easier with the Algebra kids than the geometry, but I need to figure this out. In geometry, we're starting with the introduction to proofs chapter next week, so I'll have to see what resources I can dig up to make this go well...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise