<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, September 03, 2004

16:41
Just a little work today 

My classroommate was actually in today and she gave me some cabinets and desk space. I've still got a lot to do to get my part of the classroom finished, so I'll be going back tomorrow. I started working on my classroom rules and expectations, but I need to dig up the ones that I had for student teaching to make sure that I cover everything.

Still no luck in finding the journalism teacher (who I'll call Ms J in this blog). Given that she has the day after lunch free, I have my doubts as to whether she has any intent of doing anything with the newspaper beyond the class, but I'll see. It's interesting how many teachers I've spoken to have said that they wished I'd been given the newspaper. My view: I'm going to offer to support her in any way that she wants and do what I can for her to succeed. I'm not going to sit by and watch her fail so I can take her job because that would be a shitty thing to do. We'll see how that unfolds.

I'll go back to the school tomorrow and get things a bit more organized and hopefully get a chance to speak with a few of the teachers on my community of positivity list. One teacher that I was looking for wasn't on campus today but her room was also not yet habitable so that's probably a bit related. But the other math teacher I've been getting friendly with (I'll call him Mr S) was around and we talked a bit about Cornell notes. He told me that he liked my idea of having separate notebooks for homework and notes so that students can have the notes open to the right page while they're working on their homework.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise