<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

18:29
My mornings are good, but my afternoons make me want to quit 

Today, we spent the day on constructions, which culminated in a group quiz: Everyone has to complete the quiz, but only one quiz for the group is graded (the students work together on the quiz). There wasn't enough time to complete everything, so I allowed them to take it home, and we'll have 10 minutes tomorrow (perhaps a bit less). My morning classes went great, and I felt really good about my teaching, until the afternoon classes came along. I think that perhaps next year, if I'm still at this school, I'll try to get 5th and 6th hour free so I don't deal with the kids post-lunch. It will, however, mean that I need to get myself up quite a bit earlier in the morning to be at the school by 7a...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise