<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

16:45
Thinking Maps ┬« 

Today's inservice began with a rather good workshop on Thinking Maps®. This is a district-wide initiative, and looking at this I can see so many ways that I can use this in my classroom to help students organize their thinking processes. Some of the ideas are rather language-arts centered, but others can be used to great effect accros the curriculum. The presentation was well-designed and fortunately, the designated group that I had did not include the inservice whiners (although I got some of those when we broke into different subgroups for the jigsaw... even when I pointed out how some of the materials could be used in one teacher's subject area, and he agreed with the value, he chose to ignore it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise