<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

14:57
Math GRE 

Actually seemed a bit easier than my prep work for it. I ended up leaving 8 questions blank so there's no chance of getting an 890 on this, but the distance from where I stand to 890 isn't so great. My estimated performance (95% confidence) is that I lost 10-12 points, which puts me in the neighborhood of 800. Not bad, but nowhere where I want to be. I guess it's time to go back and make sure that I know my Linear Algebra backwards and forwards as well as D.E.'s and Calc. There's one question that had me unable to find a way to get an answer that matched the choices. And I think I just realized where I went wrong. Crud. I think I was correctly finding the volume of the region rotated around the wrong axis.... Yep, that'd do it. I can't believe I missed that one. Oh well, I'll do better next time out the door (thankfully ETS was kind enough not to include my mistakes in the distractors on a few questions).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise