<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

21:57
Happy 2006 

Because 2005 isn't looking so good right away.

Starting grad school in the spring isn't going to happen, courtesy of the California residency rules which are stricter than I remember them. I need to have established residency a year before enrollment (hmm, in my old state, I was a local student with no more than a piece of mail to verify residency). Oh well. So it looks like teach 2 classes in the spring, pick up whatever tutoring work I can and perhaps sub work (which is harder to justify with my history than college teaching). I had ordered cheap copies of the textbooks for the classes I was going to take this spring and I may do the work for them anyway. It will be interesting to see how much graduate level math I can learn on my own (and following along with whatever shows up on the web).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise