<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

13:43
Netflix: Pennies From Heaven, Disk 1 

This is the reason that I signed up for Netflix. Access to some of the more obscure titles in their library.

I first watched this mini-series almost ten years ago when I had cable. Unfortunately, I had a cable outage when the last episode was aired, so I never got to see how it ended. I've been patiently waiting for it to come out on DVD or video orbe re-run on cable or whatever. My wish is finally granted.

The first episode is a bit slowly paced and my wife gave up on it about 10 minutes in, which means that I can watch the rest of it whenever I want and get through my queue that much faster.

The format is a bit odd, with the characters periodically breaking into fantasy lip-sync routines with more than a few really wonderful, if surreal dance routines along the way, but I'm definitely hooked. It's off to the mailbox so I can get disk 2 that much sooner.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise