<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

21:01
First day at for-profit U 

Well, while the pay is about half what I get for community college, they also give me a lot more class time so it balances out (roughly). I'd still be better off financially with a proper summer school appointment, though.

On the other hand, class sizes are a lot smaller. Class sizes range from 7-22 with a median of 14 and a mean of 15.4.

The pre-algebra, with it's workshop format is keeping me active and on my feet. I had one student leave when I told him that he needed to bring his textbook to class. That's not quite what I meant, but oh well.

There is a wealth of publisher-supplied materials available, which I'm going to make a point of employing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise