<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, June 20, 2005

14:33
Enough is enough 

OK, after finding yet another blatant calculus error in the Cain Complex Analysis book, I'm officially dumping it. Erasing the PDFs off of my computer and pretending that I've never seen it. It seems more than a little elementary and I'm finding that Needham is a better coverage of the same material (albeit in a different order, which is fine). I've also got my grad text for this fall's course, so I'm not going to do Cain any more. Once I get to the end of section 32 on Munkres, I'm going to move it down the priority list and put Needham on the task list because at least that's a fun project.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise