<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

11:20
Latest follies 

The pre-algebra student who had a temper tantrum when I pointed out to her that it might be better to focus on math during math class.

The unbelievably long day courtesy of the subbing I did in the morning (8a to 10p, with, at least, a 4 hour break mid-day, the bulk of which I spent watching The Interpretter which is a serviceable thriller although it really was a bit too predictable and pointless at times).

The students who asked for a fraction review after class making my long day even longer.

The administrator who seemed to have forgotten that I was at the end of a 14 hour day when he asked to talk to me about assorted administrative matters at the end of that long day.

On the plus side, just before he spoke to me, he'd gotten some positive feedback on me from one of my students and he'd had a chance to see the general success of my students on the fraction review. So on balance, yesterday wasn't so bad.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise