<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, June 10, 2005

14:33
Speaking of easy 

My darling wife has finally updated her resume, and courtesy of linkedin.com (which seems pretty useless for academic types: I can (and have) had e-mail conversations with textbook authors and Donald Knuth himself explained to me about Turing Completeness in an exchange when I was too young to vote. But in the business world, there's not quite the openness to contacts from out of the blue so I was kind enough to connect my wife through me to what's a surprisingly large network (I'm within 4 degrees of separation from the CEOs of every company at which she's interested in working). She got an application in for a job on the other side of the megalopolis this morning and we're hoping that this will lead to an interview and job offer and thence a move to the far side of the megalopolis. This will make my life a bit harder (mid-level University is on the way to the far side of the megalopolis but it will be farther away and my current teaching assignments are in the opposite direction). This does impact on where I'm going to focus my adjunct search.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise