<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, July 11, 2005

21:05
It is decided 

After ruminating about this post for a while, I've decided that it's time to stop waiting: I am going to pursue treatment for my depression. I don't write about it much here, but there are times when I find it rather crippling and lately it's been moreso than usual. And I'm realizing that I don't want to continue like this. And the lazy american in me is ready to take Prozac or something else in the hopes that a simple pill will just change everything and make it all better. But I also tend to be skeptical. I tried St John's Wort once for about two weeks and didn't have any detectable difference in mood. So either it's a placebo or my depression stems from a different neurochemical imbalance than what St John's Wort treats.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise