<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, August 19, 2005

08:25
My co-workers 

At the adjunct meeting, the chair had the huge crowd of adjuncts each stand up and introduce themselves. They were supposed to say their names, what class they taught and something interesting about themselves. It was scary how many of them talked about being math addicts. I think actually that part of that was that after one person said it, it was easier to just say that than to come up with something about yourself. I would guess that about half were current or retired high school teachers. I wonder if I count as a retired high school teacher? Speaking of retired teachers, it occurs to me that the Borders Educators Appreciation Weekend is coming up in about a month or so. And the second book in Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle is finally in paperback. Yay.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise