<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, October 31, 2005

19:39
A day of bad colloquia 

So the mini-conference that I went to over the weekend was a series of impenetrable talks given to an audience largely too shy to ask questions (I was guilty of this myself). The first talk, I could at least follow the outline of the talk and I think that with a bit of effort and research, I can take my notes and understand the talk. The same cannot be said for the next talk: He was using a LaTeX beamer presentation and with his first slide, said, "these are a bunch of definitions which you already know," and quickly moved on. I was too shy to say something and quickly lost the thread of the talk since I had no idea what h+(m) was. I ended up leaving early, although I'm optimistic that the next time this mini-conference comes along, I'll be able to understand more of it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise