<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

15:20
Proof 

My wife and I went to see Proof last night. The short review: Go see it, it's good. There's not really any mathematical content, but that's ok, because a math movie would in itself be pretty dull most likely. I was the only person in the theatre who laughed out loud when Jake Gyllenhaal was trying to come up with the name of the bright woman mathematician at Stanford and Gwynneth Paltrow offered Sophie Germain. And I knew (although I didn't know how) that when Gwynneth said that there was nothing interesting about the amount of time she'd spent in bed that it would eventually end up as 1729. Great acting all around, but especially from Gwynneth Paltrow who will probably at least get an oscar nomination out of the film.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise