<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Monday, December 19, 2005

21:55
Computer follies: MySQL 

A note of explanation: When I got my current laptop, in the process of installing Panther and transferring files from my back-up HD onto the new latop, I managed to screw up the OS installation. This resulted in some problems with a memory leak that affected Safari and caused some other minor inconveniences. I decided that the best route was to do a clean install. I'm part-way through the aftermath of that (and an upgrade to Tiger). So as I re-install assorted software, item one has been to re-install MySQL. What's wonderful is that with MySQL 5 (and possibly eariler), the software is now distributed from mySQL.com as an OS X package complete with a preference pane. Very nice. I wonder if Apache and PHP have done this too?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise