<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Vito Prosciutto: Teaching community college math on the road to a PhD.

Friday, December 16, 2005

02:32
It seemed like a good idea at the time... 

I booked my travel back to the city of my birth using frequent flyer miles. The current scam with frequent flyer miles is simple: They'll give you 10,000 miles for brushing your teeth, but will make it damn near impossible to redeem them. Even with a couple months' lead time, my ONLY travel options were to leave the 16th and return the 30th (my wife who has a REAL job where she has to go in to the office EVERY day, will be coming to join me next week).

Of course the problem arose that (a) I had a final Thursday evening. A killer final. It took me an hour to do the first problem. I turned mine in (note the careful avoidance of the word "finished") after 3 hours and 15 minutes. I was the second person to leave. And (b) I had to return the rental car (that I had because my car STILL isn't back from the shop). And (c) take the cats to the pet hotel. And (d) finish grading. So, you can look at the top of this post, see when I'm writing and then realize that I haven't started packing and, I'm really hoping that you'll feel some pity for me. For being so unbelievably dumb.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Listed on Blogwise